Only a day away from Christmas and there is very little time left to enjoy the excitement and soak up the holiday spirit. Before we know it another year will be gone and will all be waiting and counting down the days until next Christmas. Before time escapes us, in a previous post Traditions I discussed things that I look forward to at the holidays. Taking that idea one step further, for me there are certain things that must happen before it feels like the holidays.
I know that we are all different and depending on how and where we grew up, we all have a different list of items that we need to make u have that holiday feel. But for me, below is the list the top 5, in no particular order, of the items that need to happen before it really feels like the holidays:
1. A cup of steaming hot chocolate (I have enjoyed a few already this year)
2. Watching: It’s a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated) and Mickey Mouse’s A Christmas Carol (still have some work to do with this one)
3. Driving around and enjoying the Christmas lights (checking this off tonight)
4. Holiday cookies (traditional, I have this one off my list already)
5. Wrapping presents (finally got this all done)
So this is my list, what do you need in order to create those holiday feelings? Leave me a comment, pingback or link below and tell me what your list is that makes the holidays, the holidays for you. Look forward to reading the comments.